SECTION 1: HOW LIFT LABS COLLECTS DATA
- 1.1 Non-Personal Information. Lift Labs (whether directly or through its
third-party partners) collects certain non-personal information from visitors to this
Website in order to continuously improve and enhance the experience of our visitors.
Such information is collected via the following methods:
- 1.1.1 Lift Labs, like many other website operators, will store session information (often called “Cookies”) in your browser that will help Lift Labs to identify information such as browsing activity, IP addresses and page view order. You have the option to not use these Cookies (the majority of browsers will have a “help” tool that will help you to prevent Cookies if you prefer) Lift Labs recommends that you keep Cookies active as it will provide a better user experience on this Website.
- 1.1.2 When you visit this Website, Lift Labs web servers automatically log typical website analytic data from visitors to our site. This data, which may include details such as browser type, IP addresses, site visit length and referral URL, is used for systems administration, detecting use patterns and generally improving customer experience. Lift Labs may also log other non-personally identifiable data when you use this Website to create an order. Such data may be stored on third-party servers.
- 1.2 Personal Information. Lift Labs (whether directly or through its third-party
partners) collects certain personal information from visitors to this Website in order
to fulfill your requests for information or products, or to otherwise facilitate use of
certain Website features. Such information is collected via the following methods:
- 1.2.1 This Website includes features that allow you to contact us with questions and comments. When you use this feature, you provide your name and email address. Collection and processing of such information may be handled by our third-party partner, Salesforce.com, Inc., or similar providers of customer relationship management solutions.
- 1.2.2 This Website includes features that allow you to sign-up for newsletters and otherwise opt-in to receiving marketing communications from Lift Labs. When you use this feature, you provide your email address. Collection and processing of such information may be handled by our third-party partner, The Rocket Science Group, LLC d/b/a MailChimp, or similar providers of email marketing solutions.
- 1.2.3 This Website includes features that allow you to purchase products from Lift Labs. When you use this feature, you provide information necessary to fulfill your order, including customer information (name, email address, shipping address and phone number) and payment information (credit card number, name on credit card, expiration date, security code and billing address). Your payment information is collected and processed by a third-party partner and Lift Labs does not receive your credit card number. Collection and processing of all information necessary to fulfill your order may be handled by our third-party partner, Shopify Inc., or similar providers of e-commerce solutions.
Your use of any Website feature described above, and the related collection of your personal information, is optional and is not required for your general access to and use of this Website.
SECTION 2: HOW IS DATA USED BY LIFT LABS?
- 2.3 Lift Labs may collect and create anonymous data by excluding personally identifiable information. Lift Labs reserves the right to use such anonymous data for any purpose and to disclose the anonymous data to third parties at its sole discretion.
SECTION 3: HOW IS DATA KEPT SECURE?
- 3.1 Lift Labs uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption on this Website, and all data collected by Lift Labs via this Website is stored on secure third-party servers.
SECTION 4: WHEN IS DATA SHARED?
- 4.1 As noted above, Lift Labs may rely on third-party partners to collect and process information through this Website. In addition to such routine use of third-party partners for external processing on our behalf, Lift Labs may also engage a third-party, on a limited basis, to process or analyze information that we have collected.
- 4.2 When appropriate, Lift Labs may share data with entities and persons who are actively doing business with Lift Labs and have entered into a contract to perform services for or on behalf of Lift Labs.
- 4.3 Lift Labs may share aggregated or anonymous data publicly, or as otherwise described above in Section 2.3
- 4.4 Lift Labs will share personal information with companies, organizations or
individuals outside of Lift Labs if we have a good-faith belief that access, use,
preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- 4.4.1 Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request (including, without limitation, to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- 4.4.2 Enforce applicable terms of service, including investigation of potential violations.
- 4.4.3 Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- 4.4.4 Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Lift Labs, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
SECTION 5: COMPLIANCE AND COOPERATION WITH REGULATORY AUTHORITIES
- 5.2 If you have an inquiry regarding our Website privacy practices in relation to the EU-US Privacy Shield Principles, we encourage you to contact us using the method described in Section 7.5. Google, Verily and Lift Labs are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the US Federal Trade Commission (FTC). You may also file a complaint free of charge with your local data protection authority and we will work with the appropriate data protection authorities to resolve your complaint. In certain circumstances, the Privacy Shield Framework provides the right to invoke binding arbitration to resolve complaints not resolved by other means, as described in Annex I to the Privacy Shield Principles.
- 5.3 Google, inclusive of its wholly-owned US subsidiaries, such as Verily, and their subsidiaries, such as Lift Labs, has also certified that it complies with the US-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal information from Switzerland. Google has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles and also applies the EU-US Privacy Shield Principles to personal information from Switzerland. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Google’s certification, please visit the Safe Harbor website.
SECTION 6: ACCESS
- 6.1 We aim to provide you with access to your personal information gathered through this Website. In some circumstances you may have the right to review your personal information, or request that it be updated or deleted, by contacting us using the method using the method described in Section 7.5. However, we may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, unduly burdensome, risk the privacy of others, or would be very impractical to honor.
- 6.2 To the extent applicable, where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to protect information gathered through this Website from accidental or malicious destruction.
SECTION 7: ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- 7.2 Lift Labs does not intentionally gather information from children under the age of 13.